New booking options for local vaccination site
A quick online option has been introduced for patients booking Covid-19 vaccinations at a Horwich Primary Care Network (PCN) vaccination site.
Horwich RMI club has been added as a vaccination location on the national booking service, which enables eligible people to book appointments at a range of vaccination services across England.
To book, visit the NHS website.
People who are unable to use the internet can also access the national booking service by calling 119.
The vaccination site, in Ramsbottom Road, Horwich, has been vaccinating people registered at Kildonan House Surgery and Pike View Medical Centre, as part of Horwich PCN, since January.
Until now, the practices have contacted patients directly to invite them for their vaccine when they become eligible. Now patients will have the additional option of booking via the national booking service and people living outside the area will also be able to choose to be vaccinated at the Horwich site if they wish.
Current eligibility criteria for Covid-19 vaccination is:
- Those aged 40 or over, or turning 40 before 1 July 2021
- People who are clinically extremely vulnerable (shielding)
- People with a long-term health condition
- Those with a learning disability
- Frontline health or care workers
- Carers (either in receipt of a Carer's Allowance, in receipt of support following a local authority assessment or registered as a carer with your GP)
Dr Zaheda Atcha from Kildonan House Surgery said: “We are thrilled that Horwich RMI will be opening up a more convenient system for people and offering more opportunities for booking their vaccination. This means that people can select the date that suits them in a quick and easy way online – even if they live outside of Horwich.”
Dr Helen Wall, senior responsible officer for the Covid-19 Vaccination Programme in Bolton, and clinical director of commissioning at Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), said: “As the Covid vaccination programme progresses, it also evolves to meet the needs of our local people.
“So far we have seen pop-up clinics in alternative locations, walk-in clinics which require no appointment and the popular Vaccination Bus which is getting right to the heart of our communities. We also have a pharmacy-led vaccination service at the Bolton Wanderers, and making appointments at Horwich RMI available on the national booking service will add another dimension to the offer here in Bolton.
“Ultimately, we want as many people as possible to take the vaccination, so whether that means booking online or waiting to hear from their GP, we would encourage people to opt for the best method for them. Just don’t get left behind, and get your vaccination!”
Anyone registered with Kildonan House and Pike View can still book their vaccination appointment direct with their GP practice if they prefer. Please note that people registered with Bolton Community Practice will continue to receive invitations to be vaccinated at Waters Meeting Health Centre.
The Covid-19 vaccination programme is being led nationally by NHS England and NHS Improvement, and Bolton CCG is managing arrangements on a local level.
The full list of vaccination sites in Bolton:
- Tonge Moor Health Centre – including people from Turton PCN
- Lever Chambers Health Centre – including people from Rumworth PCN, Central PCN and Farnworth and Kearsley PCN
- Breightmet Health Centre – including people from Breightmet and Little Lever PCN
- Peter House Surgery – including people from Westhoughton PCN
- Waters Meeting Health Centre – including people from Halliwell PCN, plus those registered at Bolton Community Practice in Horwich
- Avondale Health Centre – including people from Chorley Roads PCN
- Horwich RMI – including people from Kildonan House Surgery and Pike View Medical Centre. Now also bookable via the national booking system
- Hootons Pharmacy at the Bolton Wanderers, Horwich – including people who receive a letter to book through the national service